EXAMINATION OF THE PERIPHERAL NERVOUS SYSTEM
- Examination of this complex system is often viewed with trepidation by most students. This is due to a number of reasons and in particular; a clear understanding of the neuroanatomy, the application of clinical skills and the interpretation of findings. In this presentation we take you in a simplified step-by-step approach beginning with a review of the anatomy. Making use of many specially designed images and animations we take you on an anatomical journey from the cerebral cortex, to the spinal tracts, the principal plexii, peripheral nerves their course and distribution until they supply their effector structures.
EXAMINATION OF THE PERIPHERAL NERVOUS SYSTEM INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING FEATURES:
- Animated review of anatomy and physiology
- Principles of upper and lower motor neurone lesions
- General observation: assessment of posture and gait
- Muscle evaluation
- Active movements
- Assessment of power
- Superficial and deep reflexes
- Assessment of the sensory modalities
- Special orthopaedic and neurological tests
- In-depth narrated examination with interpretation of abnormal findings
- Real-time examination with subtitles and without subtitles
- Scene selection
- Question and answer slide show incorporating all the graphic images and tables of the whole presentation
RESOURCES OF PERIPHERAL NERVOUS SYSTEM EXAMINATION VIDEO:
- Total play: 103 mins
- Images & animations: 145
- Revision tables: 220
- Revision booklet enclosed (with DVD purchase)
BONUS STUDY MATERIAL:
Customers who bought this video (either Stream or Download) will be entitled to free registration on our website for additional bonus material. Please register on clinicalexams.co.uk after purchasing this video to access the extra resources and bonus material.
Customers who ordered the DVDs by post will also be entitled to free registration.
All customers can request a revision booklet by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org and please quote your purchase / reference number.
You can order the DVD from this site or to Download / Stream from our VIMEO site.
DVD: £15 (box with booklet)